For every transaction that happens in the software, there is an opportunity to assign it to different categories, For, Fund, Event and Appeal. The example below is a membership page.
- For is generally used to identify how the revenue for this transaction will be used. It could be for a campaign, project, membership program, or any use you assign.
- Fund is usually related to the bank account the money will be deposited in. This field is important if you export your data to Quickbooks and ties the transaction to specific funds in Quickbooks.
- Event allows you to associate the transaction to an event, whether it is an event you have created in the Events Module or some other event not necessarily having it's own event page in the software.
- Appeal lets you tie the transaction to an appeal that you sent to your constituents. Appeals can be things like membership renewal reminders, invitations to events, monthly newsletters, etc. You can also create appeals like General or Unsolicited to capture any transactions that don't fit into an obvious category. Tying the transaction to an appeal let's you see how your appeal performed based on the number of appeals sent out versus the number responses and amount raised.
Each of these lists can be edited. Click on the box and select <New/Edit> to open a new window.
- To add a new appeal, type in the box at the top of the list and click on the Save icon to the right of the row.
- Click on the Edit icon to the right of the row you wish to edit.
- Click on the Delete icon (trash can) to the right of the row to delete an appeal. Note that any category that is currently in use cannot be deleted. A message will display telling you the item cannot be deleted. Instead of changing the records, you can simply make that selection inactive. Click on the Edit icon, the click on the green circle on the left side of the row. The circle changes to red indicating that it is inactive and cannot be selected in the future unless it is reactivation. Click the Save icon to save the changes. Inactive items move to the bottom of the list.